Feb 12, 2018 by Emily Pandelakis
Hiking is a favorite activity in Arizona, and in the Phoenix metro area, there are many great hiking spots. Whether you’re hiking Piestewa Peak, Camelback Mountain, North Mountain or another of the great trails in the valley, it’s important to consider safety for your hike. Temperatures are beginning to rise, so it’s important to take care in planning your outing.
- – Wear sunscreen, at least 30 SPF to protect your skin from harmful, cancer-causing UV rays.
- – Bring plenty of water, even if you don’t plan to be out long.
- – Plan your hiking route – click here to view hiking trails in the Phoenix area.
- – Stay on the trail – avoid an emergency situation by staying on the marked trails.
- – Bring a cell phone in case of emergency.
- – Lock your car and secure your belongings.