Feb 13, 2018 by Emily Pandelakis
It’s not too late to get your flu shot! Call our office today and schedule your appointment! 480-656-5261
- 1. Will the flu shot give me the flu?
- The flu shot does not give you the flu.
- 2. I heard the flu shot is only 10% effective this year because it doesn’t include the most prevalent strains. The flu shot reduces your chances of getting the flu by at least 1/3, even this year.
- 3. It’s too late in the season for me to get a flu shot.
- It’s not too late! Flu season lasts from October through March, and you can get it any month during the year.
- 4. Can you get the flu even if you’ve been vaccinated?
- Yes, but in most cases, having had the flu shot reduces symptoms and odds of hospitalization or death.
So again, it’s not too late to protect yourself and your family from the flu. Call us today to book an appointment.